Stu Dember has been a recognized legal practitioner in the Mercer County and surrounding areas for more than 40 years. He represents clients in complex commercial transactions, primarily handling significant multimillion-dollar transactions. He has helped clients acquire substantial commercial properties and secured permanent financing for the development of office buildings, health facilities and retail shopping centers.
Stu also helps resolve related construction issues and has facilitated the sale and purchase of general businesses and restaurants. In the Mercer County area, he has created commercial and mixed-use condominiums and represents landlords and both regional and national tenants in negotiating and finalizing ground, office and retail leases.
Among the projects Stu has worked on are:
- Retail and office leasing for Palmer Square in Princeton.
- Financing of Quakerbridge Plaza Office Complex, a 12-building commercial condominium.
- Ground leases and construction financing for Bristol-Myers Squibb and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in Hamilton.
- Representation of national furniture retail franchise in leasing and transactional work.
- Acquisition and financing of assisted living facilities.
- Acquisition of Our Lady of Princeton and its subsequent sale to The Sacred Heart School for Boys.
- Negotiation of a licensing agreement with professional golfer Tiger Woods.
- Sale/leaseback for Learning Ally (formerly Recording for the Blind) of its Princeton headquarters facility
- Sale of three biomedical healthcare buildings and subsequent $140,000,000 corporate asset sale
- Sale of CVS Pharmacy building in downtown Princeton, New Jersey
- Creation of mixed-use Condominium in downtown Princeton, New Jersey
- Approval for construction of groundwater remediation facility
- Leases for client developers with various New Jersey State agencies in Mercer County, New Jersey
- Represent international women's clothing retailer in lease disputes and defense of discrimination suit in New Jersey
- Lease for large appliance retailer for showroom, retail store and warehouse in New Jersey
- Sale of Charlie Brown's restaurant property
- Sale of assets of Edward Marshall Boehm, international porcelain manufacturer to the Museum of American Porcelain Art in Cleveland, Ohio
- Represent local cemetery in securing approval for electric crematorium
- Acquisition, financing and leasing for four building office and commercial condominium complex
- Sale of gas station/car wash in Ewing, New Jersey
- Transfer of Dental practice
Stu is very active in the New Jersey legal community where he has been a member of the New Jersey State Bar Association, the Princeton Bar Association and the Mercer County Bar Association’s Real Estate Section where he was a past Co-chair and trustee.
Stu is admitted to practice law in New Jersey. He earned his J.D., cum laude from New York Law School and is a graduate of Princeton University. While in law school, Stu was Editor of the New York Law Forum.Leadership
- Martindale-Hubbell “AV Preeminent” rated*
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Princeton Bar Association
- Past Co-chair/Trustee, Mercer County Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Board Member, Boheme Opera of New Jersey
- Member, Princeton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member, District VII Ethics Committee
- Member, Princeton Club of New York
- Member, TPC Jasna Polana