Hill Wallack LLP is a leading law firm with offices in Princeton, Cedar Knolls, Cherry Hill and Red Bank, New Jersey, Yardley, Pennsylvania and New York City.
Our regional strength places us in an ideal strategic position in today’s rapidly growing global marketplace. Our over 80 attorneys with trusted experience have provide sophisticated, high-level legal services for more than four decades in a cost-efficient, responsive and individualized manner. Hill Wallack supports, engages and empowers individuals and businesses of New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York through the legal services we provide.
We understand that diversity and inclusion enrich the client experience and that excellence in service comes from encouraging and valuing collaborative and thoughtful solutions that incorporate the distinct experiences, perspectives and backgrounds of our talented teams of professionals.
AVAILABLE ATTORNEY POSITIONS
INSURANCE DEFENSE, INSURANCE COVERAGE & LITIGATION (Princeton Office)
Hill Wallack LLP is looking for a New Jersey licensed attorney with 3 -7 years’ experience in insurance defense and/or insurance coverage. The attorney will be responsible to defend lawsuits involving negligence (personal injury, premises, construction and product liability) claims, employment practices, government liability, and professional liability. The attorney will work with partners regarding first and third party insurance litigation. The attorney must be proficient in technology, legal research and other computer/web based data sources. Writing sample and references are required. Clerkship following law school is preferred. Hill Wallack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Compensation commensurate with experience.
BANKING & FINANCE ATTORNEY (Yardley office)
Hill Wallack LLP is looking for an attorney with 3 + years banking and finance experience. The successful candidate will have experience in commercial real estate finance, asset based finance, corporate finance, structuring, negotiating and documenting commercial real estate, and construction financing. Experience in commercial real estate financing preferred. Must be familiar with underwriting criteria, required documentation, filings, due diligence, closing and post-closing processes representing financial institutions in complex commercial loans.
Applicants please submit for consideration current resume, writing sample, law school transcript, and cover letter.
Hill Wallack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
FORECLOSURE/CREDITORS' RIGHTS ASSOCIATE (Yardley office)
Hill Wallack LLP is looking for an Associate Attorney with 1-3 years’ experience in Foreclosure and Creditors’ Rights for its growing practice in Pennsylvania. The successful candidate will handle all facets of general lender and contested foreclosure litigation in Pennsylvania. The ideal candidate should excel in a fast-paced work environment, be comfortable attending motion hearings, trials, and other court conferences, and be well versed in motion practice. Judicial Clerkship, New Jersey and New York State courts experience a plus. Must have a JD from an ABA-approved law school and be an active member in good standing of the bar.
COMPLEX LITIGATION ASSOCIATE (Princeton office)
Hill Wallack LLP looking for an associate attorney with 3+ years State and Federal Court experience in complex commercial litigation. Writing sample and references required. Candidate will work side by side with partners in complex commercial litigation and provide support for trials, hearings, and other legal proceedings. New Jersey Bar admission required. Hill Wallack is an Equal Opportunity Employer; diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Compensation commensurate with experience.
TRUSTS & ESTATES ASSOCIATE
Hill Wallack LLP is currently seeking an attorney for growing Trusts & Estates practice group. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years of experience with estate and trust planning, administration, estate, gift, and income tax issues and filings. The ideal candidate would have excellent drafting skills of estate planning documents; be experienced in succession planning for business owners with knowledge of shareholder, partnership and operating agreements. Must be admitted to practice in both Pennsylvania and New Jersey. An LLM in Taxation is a plus. If this position fits your background and interests, please submit your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS ASSOCIATE (Princeton office)
Hill Wallack's Community Associations Practice Group is currently seeking an associate for our Princeton, NJ office. Commercial Litigation /Collection attorney with one (1) to three (3) years experience required along with excellent research, writing, and communication skills. New Jersey Bar Admission required. Compensation commensurate with experience. Hill Wallack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
FAMILY LAW ASSOCIATE
Hill Wallack LLP seeks an attorney with 3-5 years of experience in New Jersey matrimonial and family law to become part of our rapidly growing team. The candidate will independently handle matters from start to conclusion under the guidance of senior attorneys, including client meetings, negotiations, and courtroom argument. Possibility of handling domestic violence matters as well.
The position will initially be based out of both our Red Bank and Princeton, New Jersey offices based on the needs of the department. Future flexibility to work from any of the firm's New Jersey offices located in Princeton, Cedar Knolls, Red Bank, or Cherry Hill.
Business development is also a significant part of attorney development and responsibility at Hill Wallack. The successful candidate is entrepreneurial and looking for further growth with our support and training. An existing book of business is a plus but not required.
- Bar admission in New Jersey required. Admission in New York and/or Pennsylvania a plus.
- Judicial clerkship in Family Law a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years family law, divorce and domestic violence experience.
- Ability to work independently and part of the team, and to be self-organized, prioritize, and manage timelines.
- Must be detail-oriented and routinely self-manage to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ability to multi-task to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Solid written and verbal language and communication skills, including honed editing and proofreading.
- Fluency in multiple languages and/or knowledge of multiple cultural backgrounds a plus.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
Michael Kahme, Esq.
Hill Wallack LLP
P. O. Box 5226
Princeton, New Jersey 08543-5226
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY ATTORNEY
Hill Wallack LLP is currently searching for an Intellectual Property attorney with a portable book of business to complement our growing practice. We have placement in our New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania locations with a preference for Princeton. Hill Wallack is an Equal Opportunity Employer; diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please submit resume and salary requirements to:
Michael Kahme, Esq.
Hill Wallack LLP
P. O. Box 5226
Princeton, New Jersey 08543-5226
NON ATTORNEY POSITIONS AVAILABLE
HELP DESK TECHNICIAN (Princeton Office)
Hill Wallack is currently seeking a Help Desk Technician to work with our IT Team. Qualified candidates will have a successful record of supporting a diverse group of end users in a professional environment and providing world class customer service on a variety of computer applications and platforms.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service and technical expertise on inbound calls and tickets generated by users.
- Quickly and efficiently address all support requests and follow up as needed.
- Research questions using available information resources.
- Support and manage Office 365 portals for email and data.
- Create user accounts in Active Directory; reset passwords and troubleshoot account issues.
- Assist users with access to Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Troubleshoot, test, and diagnose computers, mobile devices, and other electronics for hardware and software issues.
- Perform data recovery operations.
- Perform hardware repairs and upgrades on computers and laptops.
- Perform in-house setup of new and reimaged workstations and laptops for users.
- Setup and maintain printers and copiers.
- Assist users with video conferencing issues.
- 1-3 years providing IT support to end-users.
- Familiar with service desk ticketing systems.
- Experience with administration of Office 365 and Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Experience with administration of Active Directory.
- Understanding of VoIP technologies.
- Experience with iPhone and Android devices, as well as the use of Intune for Mobile Device Mgmt.
- Experience with troubleshooting teleconferencing platforms such as Zoom and Teams.
- Knowledge of Acronis Imaging Server is desired.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, including the ability to work with end-users when they are experiencing problems.
- Resourceful, and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to multi-task, follow priorities and meet deadlines.
LEGAL BILLING COORDINATOR/BILLING SUPERVISOR (LAW FIRM BILLING) (Princeton Office)
Works under the general supervision of the Chief Operating Officer. Works in accordance with established policies and procedures. Performs client billing. Works interchangeably with the other staff in the Accounting Department upon request. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to the followingBilling
- Utilize computerized billing and accounting software programs (computer skills)
- Regulate, monitor and perform all ebH Electronic Billing Hub requirements
- Generate statements and reports, when needed
- Send Attorney reminders for their missing time before creating proformas
- Finalize attorney time, costs, and bill batches
- Originates two bill cycles of proformas (15th and 31st ) of each month for review by billing attorney
- Edit proformas, apply trust, prepaid, and courtesy credits where applicable
- Generate final invoices and submit via mail, email or electronic submission to client in accordance with billing guidelines
- Perform Electronic cost Load files. Monitor/input disbursements when necessary. Research disbursement charges on bills to supply backup when needed
- Website submission of invoices when needed
- Excel spreadsheet submissions with invoices, where needed
- Time entry, time/cost transfers
- Edit and close/open matters as needed
- Primarily manual billing, although familiar with electronic billing and generating text files
- Manage overall day to day issues and support for the billing staff (internal and remote billers)
- Manage billing staff
- Review billing guidelines/requirements and/or retainer agreements
- Knowledge of new timekeeper set ups
- Attorney origination changes when approved
- Cross train Assistants
- Input billing narrative notes on matters, and keep information current
- Add/Edit Task/Activity Codes, Text Codes
- Monitor/update client/matter address changes
- Monitor/update attorney rate changes
- Bill reversals
- Perform/Assist in tasks in preparation for Month-end and Year-end i.e. close matters, attorney rate increases, whatever is needed
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.Qualifications & Experience
To perform the job successfully, an individual must have the ability to work independently, multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment, and efficiently in order to meet deadlines. Accounting knowledge is essential. Must have Elite Billing Software System OR 3E and a minimum of at least 2 years of law firm experience. Excellent communication skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office environment with limited exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature extremes and the like.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort when performing a high volume of billing tasks and performing other essential duties.
- Work occasionally requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
PARALEGAL - BANKING/CORPORATE (Princeton office)
Hill Wallack LLP is seeking a fulltime paralegal in its Princeton office. The candidate should have 3+ years with Real Estate, Corporate and Banking experience, including but not limited to commercial lending transactions (SBA 7(a) and 504 lending experience a plus) and coordination of due diligence for a variety of commercial transactions.
College degree and a paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program or related job experience required. Strong work ethic and ability as a self-starter. Candidates must be highly organized and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks at once. Must possess the ability to prioritize, work as part of a team, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Also have excellent computer skills with a thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work-product. Strong attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
LEGAL SECRETARY (Princeton office)
Hill Wallack LLP has an immediate opening for a legal secretary to provide administrative and secretarial support to a team of community association attorneys in their Princeton office. Responsibilities include assisting attorneys and other staff as needed.
This individual must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software programs. The qualified Legal Secretary will be a team player who can manage independent projects in a deadline-driven environment while utilizing strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience.
PARALEGAL - FORECLOSURE DEPARTMENT (Yardley, Cedar Knolls, Princeton)
The firm has immediate openings in the Yardley, Cedar Knolls and Princeton office for a full-time paralegal for its Foreclosure/Creditors' Rights Group.
Candidate must have experience in residential foreclosure and/or bankruptcy and be a self-starter, have a strong work ethic and attention to detail. Must possess the ability to prioritize, work as part of a team, and have excellent written and verbal skills. Experience with Black Knight, Tempo and LPS preferred.
We are an affirmative action/equal employment opportunity employer and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. Pay is commensurate with experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/M/F/D/V.
Employees of Hill Wallack LLP and applicants for employment shall be afforded equal opportunity in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, political affiliation, national origin, disability, marital status, gender or age.