John E. Marquis is a partner in the Yardley, Pa. office of Hill Wallack LLP. He is a member of the Workers’ Compensation practice group.
Mr. Marquis represents commercial insureds in all aspects of workers’ compensation defense, including trial work and appellate advocacy. In addition to litigating claims, he assists his clients in developing best practices to prevent and mitigate liability, successfully defend unwarranted claims and to reach favorable resolutions when necessary.
Mr. Marquis is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania (1987). He earned his J.D. from Temple University School of Law and his B.S. from St. Joseph’s University in Food Marketing.Representative Matters
Mr. Marquis' client base includes large corporations in aeronautics manufacturing, defense contractors, health care, behavioral health, in-home care, retail, waste disposal, maintenance and transportation.
He has assisted employers and carriers with a multitude of issues and has proven expertise in complex claims including:
- Occupational disease
- Specific loss and amputation claims
- Psychological claims
- Hearing loss claims
- Asbestos litigation
- Fatal claims
- Medical Utilization Review
Presentations & Publications
- Chair, Education Committee, Philadelphia’s Workers’ Compensation Claims Association
- Faculty Member, Insurance Society of Philadelphia
- Instructor, Legal Issues in Workers’ Compensation
Mr. Marquis teaches continuing legal education classes to attorneys and regularly presents seminars to clients on current issues and topics in his areas of expertise.
- Panel Member, “As the Claim Turns”, Annual Bureau of Workers' Compensation Conference (June 2012)
- Client Alert: Guidance on Navigating the Shifting IRE Landscape in PennsylvaniaMay 10, 2016
- Insurer Relieved of Millions of Dollars in Medical Liability CaseAugust 18, 2014