Jennifer L. ReedOf Counsel
Jennifer L. Reed is of counsel with Hill Wallack LLP and a member of the Trial & Insurance Defense, Insurance Coverage and Products Liability practice groups.
Ms. Reed is a trial attorney who concentrates her practice in the representation of insurance companies and their insureds in diverse and complex claims and civil litigation. Her practice includes representing insurance carriers and insureds, in connection with the defense of complex construction litigation, as well as high-exposure cases concerning the Intentional Acts Exclusion of a homeowner’s insurance policy; catastrophic personal injury; products liability; premises liability; and defamation, and libel and false arrest.
Ms. Reed routinely appears in state and federal Court for all phases of litigation, including but not limited to trial, as well as at numerous alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Ms. Reed obtained her J.D. from New York Law School. She served as a legal intern at Eugene F. Collins, Solicitors, in Dublin, Ireland, where she concentrated on the areas of insolvency and international civil and tort litigation. She also studied as part of the International Law Program in Madrid, Spain. Before coming to New Jersey to focus on insurance defense litigation, Ms. Reed practiced medical malpractice defense in New York. Ms. Reed received her undergraduate degree from the College of New Jersey.Representative Matters
- Obtained a finding of no coverage on behalf of insurance carrier pursuant to the Intentional Acts Exclusion of a homeowner’s policy of insurance, by way of a multi-day plenary hearing, in a high exposure insurance coverage dispute.
- Successfully argued before the Appellate Division which affirmed the lower court’s finding of no coverage for the defective construction of a sports complex.
- Successfully litigated insurance coverage claims involving construction defects, bad faith, and notice of cancellation issues.
- Represented insurance carriers in complex, multi-party litigation concerning claims routinely valued in the millions.
- Member, New Jersey Defense Association
- Co-presenter of a seminar to an insurance carrier regarding the Business Risk Exclusions contained in Commercial General Liability Policies.
- Volunteer, after-school tutoring program for underprivileged grade-school children (2003-2006)
- Volunteer fundraiser, American Diabetes Association (2007 – present)
- Member, Inns of Court, Middlesex County (2006 – 2007)
- Provisional Member – The Junior League of the Greater Princeton Area (2007 – 2008)
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Committee on Publications – Editorial Board (2000 – 2001)
- Jessup International Moot Court Team Member and Coach (1997 – 1998)
- Co-authored a report for the 21st Session of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child
- Co-authored an article on the Brussels Convention and international business
- Appellate Division published its opinion in the matter of Cassilli v. Soussou, in which Ms. Reed authored the Appellate Brief
- Epic Management, Inc. v. Harleysville Insurance Company of N.J., , 2010 WL 3516902 (App. Div. Aug. 31, 2010)