David Truelove is a long-time resident and lawyer in Bucks County. He is the Administrative Partner of the Firm’s Yardley office. After years of practice in the region, he is a trusted lawyer and adviser to many private entities, including corporations, family businesses, non-profits, and public sector clients, including the County of Bucks, various townships, boroughs, authorities, and school districts, in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His counsel and advice include litigation strategy, labor and employment counseling, including collective
bargaining and arbitration matters, employment discrimination, and Civil Rights/Section 1983 matters. His practice also includes advice and counsel to public entities regarding First Amendment and meeting conduct issues. He also maintains an active and growing Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) practice.
David and his colleagues practice a “team” approach to client representation. As Chair of two practice groups (Municipal, School Law) co-chair of another (Labor/Employment) and member of another (Complex Litigation), David and his team look at client issues and challenges holistically, knowing that a solution to a client’s needs is not limited by the definition of a practice area. Having experience in multiple legal disciplines provides an advantage in identifying solutions, and providing good results to clients.
David is admitted to practice in the federal and state courts of Pennsylvania and New Jersey, as well as the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He has experience trying cases in state and federal court, and has litigated numerous grievance and interest arbitrations. His experience includes litigation before the NLRB, PaLRB, NJ PERC, EEOC, PHRC and the US Court of Claims.
Active in his community, David has been recognized twice as “Big Brother of the Year” by Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Bucks County (2008 and 2017). For years he was a coach for youth baseball and softball teams, and was a coach of an American Legion baseball team. He also played and managed on a Men’s Senior Baseball team for over 20 years, in the tri-state region. He formerly volunteered for Habitat for Humanity, and is a charter member of the Yardley-Makefield Lions’ Club.
Professionally, David has been recognized by his peers, serving as President of the Bucks County Bar Association (2017), Member of the Board of Directors, and Chair of the Legislative Affairs Committee and Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers, also in the Bucks County Bar Association. In 2018 he was honored by being named as the recipient of the Mark E. Goldberg Award for service to the community. He has been recognized as a “Super Lawyer” from 2007- 2016, and 2018-2022.
In his free time, David enjoys sports, music and reading. He attempts to play golf and the bass guitar (modestly for both), and spend family time with his wife, Jamie, and their 3 sons, traveling and spending time in the Poconos. He and Jamie also have 2 rescue dogs, who are an important part of their family.
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.”—Winston Churchill.
- Successfully renegotiated several public sector Collective Bargaining Agreements, obtaining significant concessions on behalf of municipal clients, while simultaneously avoiding layoffs, thereby preserving public safety and municipal services
- Represented numerous Public Sector Entities in hundreds of meetings, hearings, appeals, arbitrations, mediations, and other proceedings, involving townships, boroughs, school districts, authorities, courts, boards, commissions, and agencies
- Successfully represented a large school district in obtaining a favorable result in contentious and protracted fact-finding
- Is frequently named as a neutral arbitrator and mediator in insurance policy and employment disputes
- Solicitor (Current): Lower Makefield Township; Borough of Penndel; Bristol Township School District; School District of Borough of Morrisville
- Labor Solicitor (Current): Lower Makefield Township; Bristol Township School District; School District of Borough of Morrisville; Borough of Penndel; Township of Falls; Upper Southampton Township; Upper Southampton Authorities; Bucks County Workforce Investment Board
- Special Counsel/Outside Counsel (Current): County of Bucks (labor, employment and civil rights matters); Township of Falls
- Solicitor (formerly): North Wales Borough
- Special Counsel/Labor Counsel (formerly); Pennsbury School District; Warminster Township; Warrington Township; Warminster Township Authority; Bristol Township Civil Service Commission; Borough of Morrisville; Borough of Jenkintown; Cumru Township
Presentations & Publications
- Bucks County Bar Association
- Immediate Past President, 2018
- President, 2017
- President-Elect 2016
- Chair, Legislative Committee
- Chair, Lawyers Reaching Lawyers Committee
- Member, Merit Selection Panel in the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Member: American, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Bucks County Bar Associations
- Selected for inclusion, Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2007-2016, 2018-2021 The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, Solicitors’ Sections: Pennsylvania School Boards’ Association, Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors, Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs
- Co-author, The Opioid Crisis - Are Workplace Laws Equipped to Address the Impact?, New Jersey Law Journal (December 2017)
- Presenter, Opioids in the Workplace: What Employers Need to Know, Bucks County Bar Association CLE (November 2017)
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law – Employers’ Best Practices seminar, Hill Wallack LLP Seminar (May 2012)
- Frequently gives presentations to various civil, business and community groups regarding labor, employment, and related matters
- Conducted anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training workshops for more than 1,000 employees of a large Pennsylvania suburban school district to assist the school district with educating its staff on such policies as well as proper conduct in the workplace
- Presenter, Hands-On Handbook Clinic, New Jersey Business & Industry Association (November 2016)
Mr. Truelove is active in civic affairs. He served as a Big Brother in the Pennsbury School District for more than 20 years and was twice honored as “Big Brother of the Year” by the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bucks County in 2008 and 2017, respectively.
Mr. Truelove formerly volunteered for Habitat for Humanity and recently “retired” as a player and manager in an over-55 baseball league.
Hill Wallack partner David Truelove to speak at the Bucks County Bar Association's Civil Litigation CLE
May 11, 2022
Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys to Speak at SWANA/PWIA Conference
September 6, 2018
Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Instruct Certification Class for PROP
July 26, 2018
Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP partner David J. Truelove presenting at Lower Bucks County Marathon CLE Day
November 2, 2017
Speaking Engagement: Hill Wallack LLP partner David J. Truelove delivers speech at Naturalization Ceremony
October 2, 2017
Seminar: Hill Wallack Partner David J. Truelove to present at the New Jersey Business & Industry Associations' Hands-On Handbook Clinic
November 18, 2016
Seminar: David J. Truelove, Esq. presenting at PSBA Collective Bargaining Skills Training Seminar
November 1, 2014
Seminar: HW Sponsors Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce Employment Seminar
March 13, 2013
- Hill Wallack partner David Truelove to speak at the Bucks County Bar Association's Civil Litigation CLE
- Hill Wallack Attorneys Selected to the 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsMay 23, 2022
- David Truelove and Jill Fein Named to the 2021 Edition of Pennsylvania Super LawyersMay 26, 2021
- Hill Wallack Attorneys Selected To The 2020 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 29, 2020
- Hill Wallack AppointmentsMarch 17, 2020
- News Release: Hill Wallack Attorneys Selected To The 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 13, 2019
- David J. Truelove has been named as Co-Chair of the Bucks County Bar Association's Merit Selection CommitteeJanuary 29, 2019
- News Release: Hill Wallack Partner David Truelove Named Goldberg Award Winner by Bucks County Bar AssociationDecember 11, 2018
- News Release: Hill Wallack Attorneys Selected To The 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 21, 2018
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP partner David J. Truelove to serve on Merit Selection Panel in the Eastern District of PennsylvaniaNovember 1, 2017
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Partner, David J. Truelove Elected to President of Bucks County Bar AssociationJanuary 1, 2017
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Take On Leadership Roles within Bucks County Bar AssociationJanuary 1, 2016
- Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Selected To The 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsMay 19, 2015
- Hill Wallack LLP Partners Selected To The 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 23, 2014
- Hill Wallack LLP Partners Selected To The 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 16, 2013
- Hill Wallack LLP Partner Appointed As Labor Counsel to the Falls Township Board of SupervisorsMarch 26, 2012
- New Trade Secrets Act Requires Review of Employment AgreementsJanuary 13, 2012
- Employee Use of Social Media to Criticize the WorkplaceJanuary 9, 2012
- Attorney General Provides Guidance to Schools for Complying with Anti-Bullying LawOctober 18, 2011
- Transport Workers Union of America, Local 282 v. Bristol Township, 46 Pennsylvania Pub. Employee Rep., ¶ 87, 2015 WL 1730197 (March 31, 2015)