Andrew S. Riso is counsel in the Princeton, N.J. office of Hill Wallack LLP. He is a member of the firm’s Litigation Division and its Trial & Insurance Defense practice group.
Mr. Riso focuses on defending insurance companies and their insureds in a broad range of matters, involving premises liability, employment, products liability, Title 59 and insurance coverage claims. He frequently appears in state and federal court for all phases of litigation, including trial and alternative dispute proceedings.
Mr. Riso is admitted to practice in New Jersey (2007), New York (2008), the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (2013) and to the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (2007). He earned his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law where he was a member of the Appellate Advocacy Moot Court Board. He earned his B.A. in Political Science, magna cum laude, from Villanova University.
Prior to joining Hill Wallack, Mr. Riso represented catastrophically injured plaintiffs in premises liability, commercial trucking, and medical malpractice matters with a prominent personal injury law firm in northern New Jersey. Mr. Riso began his career with an insurance defense firm representing insurance companies and their insureds in Title 59, premises liability, and employment matters.Representative Matters
- Represented several Fortune 500 companies and commercial trucking entities in premises liability, products liability and commercial trucking matters
- Represented catastrophically injured plaintiffs in personal injury, products liability and medical malpractice matters
- Negotiated numerous settlements with opposing counsel, adjusters, and medical providers/lienholders on behalf of plaintiffs and insurance companies
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition 2013