Mesothelioma / Asbestos Disease
For decades, people who worked in construction and other heavy industrial sites in the United States-the union workers, tradesmen, pipe fitters, sheet metal workers, and boilermakers-were often unknowingly exposed to asbestos. As a result, injuries to their respiratory systems often surface twenty, thirty, or even fifty years later in the form of lung cancer, asbestosis and mesothelioma. Hill Wallack LLP handles cases for clients who suffer from asbestos related disease in New Jersey. Many of these cases involve claims of product liability, with suits brought against the manufacturers and distributors of the dangerous products. A mesothelioma diagnosis can come as a shock both to the individual diagnosed as well as his or her family. Due to the advanced stage of the disease, there is little time to ask questions or even come to terms with what lies ahead.
As you view the following verdicts we have obtained for clients in mesothelioma and related asbestos disease claims, keep in mind that every case has unique facts and circumstances.
- $1.9 Million verdict for a family who lived through the pain, suffering and ultimate death of their husband/father due to mesothelioma, an asbestos-related cancer. This decedent had worked for many years at the DuPont - Chambers Works Plant. Verdict upheld on appeal.
- $1.3 Million verdict for the family of a worker at the Texaco Refinery in Westville, New Jersey, who suffered and died due to mesothelioma. Upheld on appeal.
- $1.25 Million award for four workers at the Mobil Oil Refinery in Paulsboro, New Jersey, who suffered from pleural thickening (scarring of the lining of the lung caused by asbestos exposure).
- $350,000 - $800,000 verdicts: Several awards were won in this range for workers who suffered and passed on as a result of asbestos related diseases, including lung cancer. The workers were exposed at work sites throughout the Delaware Valley, including the New York Shipyard in Camden, all of the South Jersey DuPont facilities, as well as Mobil Oil, Texaco, and other petroleum and chemical processing facilities in the area. These victories have occurred in the Superior Courts of Gloucester County, Camden County and Middlesex County. All have been upheld on appeal.
- $160,000 - $290,000 verdicts: Several awards were won for various clients who have suffered from asbestosis and pleural thickening as a result of their exposure to asbestos at work sites throughout the Delaware Valley. All were upheld on appeal.
To learn more about mesothelioma, asbestos related lung cancer and other asbestos related diseases, contact one of the attorneys in the Mesothelioma/Asbestos Disease practice group.