The Public Finance Practice Group of Hill Wallack LLP provides a full range of corporate, finance, transactional and bond counsel legal services to corporate and non-profit clients as well as governmental agencies. The firm regularly represents financial institutions and other lenders in connection with the negotiation and preparation of documentation for complex secured and unsecured credit transactions and in tax-exempt financings.
With respect to the public finance practice, the firm acts as bond counsel to various governmental entities. In addition the Group represents underwriters, bond purchasers, trustees and borrowers in tax-exempt or taxable bond transactions.
The Group offers comprehensive corporate representation in all aspects of the capital-raising process from start-up to public offering. We represent and counsel venture capital firms, investment bankers and underwriters, as well as companies using securities, and have assisted clients in raising capital in the marketplace. Other areas of our business and finance practice include mergers, acquisitions and divestitures; joint ventures; reorganizations; and general corporate counseling.
We counsel clients in all aspects of public and private loan transactions, including asset-based loans, commercial real estate loans and more complex lending arrangements including those requiring credit enhancements. Calling upon the expertise of our notable Land Use Division and Environmental Litigation Practice Group, we advise lenders or borrowers as to their responsibilities regarding land approvals and permits as well as the environmental “history” of a deed to real property.
Often, clients who are planning development rely on our direction for providing them with additional resources of investment capital.
Hill Wallack LLP has recently been appointed Bond Counsel by the New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency for a bond issue this fall.
In addition, our recent transactions include:
- Representation of an underwriter in the development of a recycling facility in Richmond, Indiana totaling $33,000,000 on bonds issued by the city of Richmond
- Representation of an underwriter with respect to a solar facility totaling $3,400,000 for bonds issued by the York County Industrial Development Authority
- Representation of a borrower in the refinancing of a hotel conference center in Trenton, New Jersey totaling $15,250,000
When the situation arises, we provide comprehensive creditor’s rights, bankruptcy and collection services, including the attempt to work out and restructure distressed loans.
Irreversible circumstances receive the aggressive and resourceful attention of our litigation attorneys who have appeared before the bankruptcy courts.
Today’s sophisticated businessman or woman, governmental authority or public or private lender requires an attorney who is responsive to all of the many issues involved in a single transaction. The Public Finance Practice Group at Hill Wallack LLP aims to complete your matter in an interdisciplinary manner that is timely, effective and cost efficient.
- Event: Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Matthew L. Devine presenting at Waterfront Lab-CamdenJanuary 24, 2018
- Seminar: Hill Wallack attorney Vincent J. Magyar, Jr. presenting at Waterfront Lab in CamdenFebruary 7, 2017
- Event: HW Attorney Vincent J. Magyar Jr., Co-Presents at 2016 Annual Conference of the Professional Recyclers of PennsylvaniaJuly 28, 2016
- HW Attorney Vincent J. Magyar Jr., Co-Presents at the 29th Annual Meeting and Seminar of the Pennsylvania Association of Bond LawyersMay 26, 2016
- Seminar: HW Attorney Vincent J. Magyar Jr., Co-Presenting at the 28th Annual Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers Seminar and MeetingMay 21, 2015
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Adds Two Attorneys To The FirmJuly 25, 2018
- Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Nicole Perdoni-Byrne in the news - U.S. 1 NewspaperMay 11, 2016
- Rating Implications of Direct Bank Loan Financings of Municipal IssuersMay 30, 2014