Paul N. Watter is a partner of Hill Wallack LLP. He is partner-in-charge of the Public Finance and Corporate Law practice groups and a member of the Banking & Financial Services and Business & Commercial practice groups.
Mr. Watter represents an extensive list of clients in all areas of Banking & Secured Transactions, Securities, Finance and Corporate Law and as Bond Counsel.
Mr. Watter is admitted to practice in New Jersey (1973), New York (1984), the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey (1973) and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (1976). He earned his law degree from Rutgers University Law School and his B.S. Degree in Commerce from The University of Virginia.Representative Clients
- Has handled numerous mergers and acquisitions for buyers and sellers of businesses
- Acted as bond counsel for a number of government entities with respect to tax exempt matters
- Acted as counsel to borrowers, underwriters, trustees and banks in transactions totaling over a billion dollars
- Represents banks, borrowers, lenders and other financial institutions on a wide variety of loan transactional matters, including SBA Loans
Mr. Watter has also educated banking clients and contacts as to the workings of the Small Business Administration loan program.Leadership
- Recipient of the American Jurisprudence Awards in Contracts; Criminal Law and Procedure
- Deputy Attorney General, State of New Jersey from 1973 – 1978
- Member, Mercer County Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Banking Law Section
- Appointed to the District Ethics Committee for Mercer County by the New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Chairman, Regional Business Assistance Corporation, a statewide SBA lender
- Chairman of American Cancer Society Golf Outing Committee
- Past President, United Cerebral Palsy of New Jersey
- Past President, Pace Charter School
- Past Advisory Board Member, Sun National Bank
- Past Advisory Board Member, Sovereign Bank