The Municipal Law Practice Group of Hill Wallack LLP offers an extraordinary level of proficiency and professional knowledge in the field of municipal law and related areas of practice. With extensive experience in the general representation of municipal, county and state-level governmental units, as well as school boards, housing authorities and quasi-governmental entities, the attorneys in the Municipal Law Practice Group concentrate in a select number of fields, including labor and employment law, administrative law, environmental law, municipal finance law and the tort defense of governmental entities.
The attorneys in the Municipal Law Practice Group are qualified to draft and negotiate a wide range of legal instruments, including leases and intergovernmental contracts on behalf of its clients. In addition, the attorneys are equipped to assist their clients in the preparation of proposed legislation, ordinances, resolutions, as well as with the creation and revision of the clients' own internal policies and bylaws. Having a national reputation in the area of real estate and land use law, the Group has extensive experience in condemnation, foreclosure, planning and/or zoning board matters.
The Municipal Law Practice Group has successfully litigated federal and state court cases involving Civil Rights, including but not limited to police liability claims involving search and seizure; excessive use of force; and claims alleging illegal government policy and customs. The group also handles employment discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, tort claims, defamation and defense of CEPA claims. The Group assists clients in compliance with State and Federal Laws including The Americans With Disability Act and the Family Medical Leave Act.
Stressing practical advice to Business Administrators and Supervisors, the Municipal Law Practice Group provides in-house and on-site seminars. Additionally, the Group offers practical training for managers and employers in preventing harassment and promoting diversity in the workplace.
From simple questions regarding the proper conduct of public meetings to complex issues involving litigation defense, large scale labor negotiations with the uniformed services to compliance with competitive bidding procedures for multi-million dollar contracts, Hill Wallack LLP's Municipal Law Practice Group attorneys rely on their years of experience to provide their public entity clients with high caliber, efficient and trustworthy representation of their unique legal needs and interests.
- Speaking Engagement: Hill Wallack LLP partner David J. Truelove delivers speech at Naturalization CeremonyOctober 2, 2017
- Event: HW Attorney Vincent J. Magyar Jr., Co-Presents at 2016 Annual Conference of the Professional Recyclers of PennsylvaniaJuly 28, 2016
- Seminar: Partner Rocky L. Peterson to Speak at Ethics SeminarNovember 23, 2013
- News Release: Hill Wallack Attorneys Selected To The 2018 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 21, 2018
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Katrina M. Homel Elected to the Board of Directors of the YWCA PrincetonMay 10, 2018
- Hill Wallack LLP partner Barbara M. Kirk wins appeal on significant zoning caseApril 19, 2017
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Partner, David J. Truelove Elected to President of Bucks County Bar AssociationJanuary 1, 2017
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Barbara M. Kirk To Be Honored By YWCA Bucks CountyApril 14, 2016
- Rating Implications of Direct Bank Loan Financings of Municipal IssuersMay 30, 2014
- School Brings Students Into Bullying LawsuitMarch 27, 2014
- N.J. Schools Sued Over Bullying Can Sue Pupils Responsible, Judge SaysMarch 25, 2014
- Schools Sued For Bullying Can In Turn Sue Those ResponsibleMarch 25, 2014