Mark A. Roney is counsel in the Princeton, NJ office of Hill Wallack LLP, where he is a member of the Creditors’ Rights and Complex Litigation practice groups.
Mr. Roney concentrates his practice in bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, financial services, banking litigation, and complex commercial litigation.
Mr. Roney is admitted to practice in New Jersey (2001). He earned his J.D. from Seton Hall University School of Law and his B.A. in Government, from Skidmore College.Representative Matters
- Mr. Roney represents national and regional banks in litigation involving various claims including commercial loan defaults, commercial and residential foreclosures, deposit account agreements, negotiable instruments, lending practices and consumer fraud
- He represents creditors and other interested parties in all phases of bankruptcy proceedings in Chapter 7, 11, and 13 cases, including claims filing, stay relief, proposed treatment of creditors’ claims and contesting confirmation
- Mr. Roney has represented clients, both plaintiffs and defendants, in preference and avoidance actions in bankruptcy court
- He represents an equipment distributor and manufacturer in products liability matters involving significant exposure
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association – Banking Law and Bankruptcy Law Sections
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition 2011 - 2015
- Member, American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN)
- East Windsor Zoning Board of Adjustment, former member (2003-2004)