The Intellectual Property practice group at Hill Wallack LLP offers a full line of intellectual property services. This group has several attorneys with over 20 years of relevant experience. The practice group takes a team approach as needed, such as in litigation, thereby drawing on various specialties when needed.
Specific services include:
- Obtaining and protecting patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, trade dress, and domain rights
- Counseling clients and working to establish intellectual property protocols
- Establishing and monitoring intellectual property portfolios
- Providing evaluations of intellectual property portfolios of other entities
- Advising clients on infringement avoidance
- Providing opinions on infringement factors and right-to-use factors
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements, ownership agreements, and confidential disclosure and research agreements
- Negotiating contracts and disputes involving property rights
- Providing documentation and analysis to assist in funding
- Providing studies and opinions to support commercialization
- Drafting joint research and development agreements
- Representing the plaintiff or the defendant in patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, trade dress and domain name litigations
- Advising clients on electronic information storage and cyber protection protocols
- Advising clients on branding practice
- Searching records in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in the U.S. Copyright Office to substantiate or refute evidence and factual allegations
- Advising clients on electronic evidence
Our clients include publicly-traded companies, privately-held companies, start-ups, and individuals. Hill Wallack LLP has represented intellectual property owners and their licensees; and in other matters represented those opposing the intellectual property rights.
What We Do
Hill Wallack LLP has successfully represented client interests before the U.S. Patent Office, the U.S. Trademark Office, the U.S. Copyright Office, and in the Federal District and Appeals Courts. It also represents client interests in Arbitrations, in ICANN Domain Name Proceedings, and in negotiations.
We educate our clients so that they can assist us in identifying their intellectual property and in protecting and/or asserting their rights.
We have experience and have successfully represented clients in the following technology areas, among others: Avionics; Automotive; Boat and Boat Trailer; Banking; Chemical; China and Earthenware; Clothing; Computer Circuit; Dental and Medical Devices; DNA Testing; Fiber Optics; Food Processing; Internet Applications; Material Handling; Mechanical Goods; Optical Lenses; Packaging; Pharmaceuticals; Power Generation and Distribution; Rail Systems; Remediation; Solar Systems; Steel Manufacturing; Taxidermy; and Thermoplastic Structures.
Hill Wallack LLP attorneys are experienced in successfully representing trademark clients for Word marks, Graphic Logo marks, Combination marks, and Slogan or Tagline marks.
We also have experience with Copyrights on: Architectural Designs; Computer Software Code; Corporate Advertising Materials; Electronic and Desktop Publishing Technology; Live Entertainment; Movies; Music; Novels; Textbooks; and Travel Services Advertising.
Hill Wallack LLP attorneys will carefully monitor the applicable law and statutes for changes and modifications as well as monitoring changes in governmental rules of practice.
- Hill Wallack LLP to Attend the 141st INTA Annual MeetingMay 18, 2019
- Seminar: HW Attorneys present at the First Annual Bucks County Business Law InstituteMarch 2, 2017
- News Release: Jason Lee DeFrancesco Joins Hill Wallack LLP As Partner In The Intellectual Property Practice GroupFebruary 11, 2019
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Expands Practice by Adding Two Attorneys to the FirmFebruary 3, 2016