Clients count on Hill Wallack LLP’s Insurance Coverage Team to advise them on and litigate coverage issues involving nearly every line of commercial insurance.
Our attorneys have more than 100 years of combined experience. We provide pragmatic, cost-efficient solutions to the day-to-day disputes involving insurers, producers and policyholders. At the same time, we have built a reputation for aggressively representing our clients’ interests where necessary. Our team includes seasoned litigators with significant trial and appellate experience in both federal and state courts.
Our experience extends to claims such as:
- Advertising Injury
- Agents & Brokers
- Bad Faith
- Business Auto
- Business Interruption
- Commercial General Liability
- Construction Defects
- Directors & Officers
- Employment Practices Liability
- Environment Impairment
- Errors & Omissions
- First Party Property
- Fraud Investigations
- Intellectual Property
- Long Tail
- Media Liability
- Product Liability
- Product Recall
- Workers' Compensation
We have handled cases involving claims seeking recovery of multiple millions of dollars, arising out of catastrophic bodily injury and property damage.
Our team understands issues arising in the context of the duty to defend, exclusions, additional insureds, deductibles, retentions, priority of coverages, and the relationship between primary and excess/umbrella policies. Our experience includes third-party claims, as well as first-party property losses, including fraud investigations and subrogation recovery.
Our attorneys try cases before judges, juries and arbitrators. We have argued cases before the New Jersey Appellate Division and the New Jersey Supreme Court, as well as the United States District Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. Our lawyers publish articles and lecture to industry groups, including the Defense Research Institute and the New Jersey Defense Association. The firm is also a member of the Claims & Litigation Management Alliance.
- Speaking Engagement: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys to speak at the Annual SAIF, Regional Safety Committee MeetingDecember 8, 2016
- Conference: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Gerard H. Hanson Presenting at HarrisMartin's Superstorm Sandy Insurance Coverage Litigation ConferenceMay 9, 2014
- Seminar: HW Partner Gerard H. Hanson to Speak at NJICLE SeminarJanuary 18, 2014
- Speaking Engagement: Gerard H. Hanson Co-Chairs HarrisMartin's Superstorm Sandy Insurance Coverage Litigation ConferenceJune 26, 2013
- News Release: Hill Wallack Attorneys Selected For Inclusion In The Best Lawyers In AmericaAugust 26, 2020
- Client Alert: U.S.D.C. Dismisses Medicare Secondary Payer Act Qui Tam Complaint Against Insurance CompaniesFebruary 12, 2016
- Michael S. Savett Interviewed by Law360February 3, 2016
- New Jersey Supreme Court Grants Review of Faulty-Workmanship Insurance Coverage DecisionNovember 5, 2015
- Media Mention: Michael S. Savett interviewed for Law360 ArticleNovember 5, 2015
- Hill Wallack LLP Adds New Attorneys To Princeton, NJ and Yardley, PA LocationsMay 27, 2015
- HW Attorney Michael S. Savett Interviewed by Law360May 27, 2015
- Hill Wallack LLP Adds Two New Attorneys To The FirmJanuary 5, 2015
- Bill Seeks To Provide Private Remedy for Bad Faith in Insurance Claim SettlementsSeptember 16, 2011