Eric I. Abraham is a partner in the Princeton, N.J. office of Hill Wallack LLP. He leads the Firm’s Complex Litigation practice group, and is a member of the Firm’s Banking & Financial Services, Redevelopment and Life Sciences practice groups. Equally skilled in the board room and the court room, Mr. Abraham counsels his clients in a wide variety of practice areas and across industries. Banks, pharmaceutical companies, developers and business owners all rely upon Mr. Abraham’s legal advice to solve their most difficult problems.
In the banking sphere, Mr. Abraham advises financial institutions regarding banking and secured transactions, debtor/creditor relations, complex real estate and asset-based transactions and litigation. He has significant experience in resolving real estate and banking-related disputes concerning loan syndications, the obligations and duties of banks, fraud and the tracing and recovery of assets, regulatory compliance, reduction and disposition of classified assets, and note/bond issues. Mr. Abraham also provides counsel to bank board members with respect the fiduciary duties arising from their position. His banking clients include Crown Bank, Amboy Bank, Santander Bank, Sun National Bank, and numerous hedge funds.
In the development and redevelopment practice areas, Mr. Abraham draws on a wealth of experience in environmental law, land use law, regulatory/administrative law, and construction law to solve his client’s most pressing problems. Mr. Abraham’s assignments have included high-profile redevelopment projects in New Jersey’s largest cities, disputes relating to water and sewer resource allocation for new developments, complex construction defect suits, and environmental remediation suits.
On the litigation front, Mr. Abraham handles intellectual property litigation for a host of clients in the generic drug industry, from well-established Fortune 500 companies to smaller privately-held businesses from India and China. As a result of his expertise in the local patent rules established by the District of New Jersey, Mr. Abraham is a frequent lecturer and author on that topic. Mr. Abraham also litigates a variety of commercial disputes in both State and federal courts, including oppressed shareholder disputes, contract disputes, employment disputes and partnership disputes. He regularly lectures on topics related to trial advocacy and business litigation.
Mr. Abraham is admitted to practice in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit , U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, the U.S. District, Eastern District of New York, and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey. He received his law degree from Seton Hall University School of Law and graduated cum laude. During law school, he served as an editor of the Seton Hall Law Review. Mr. Abraham is a graduate of Franklin & Marshall College.Leadership
Presentations & Publications
- Vice-Chairman of the Board, Crown Bank
- A Practitioner's Guide to the Local Patent Rules, New Jersey Lawyer, August 2015
- When Disaster Strikes A Sloppy Job: The Act of God Defense, New Jersey Law Journal Construction Law Special Section
- A Review of The New Local Patent Rules, New Jersey Law Journal Intellectual Property Special Section
- Using the 'Equities' To Set the Valuation Date in Oppressed Shareholder Actions, New Jersey Law Journal Corporate Law Special Section
Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Eric I. Abraham to speak at NBI Seminar
November 20, 2015
Conference: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Eric I. Abraham a panelist at ACI's Paragraph IV Disputes Conference
April 28, 2014
Seminar: HW Partner Eric I. Abraham to Speak at NBI Seminar
December 18, 2013
- Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Eric I. Abraham to speak at NBI Seminar
- Media Mention: Hill Wallack LLP Named One of the Top 15 Law Firms Handling Generic vs. Brand Drug Companies In LitigationMay 11, 2017
- Client Alert: Court Holds Asia-Based Pharma Company Cannot Be Sued in New Jersey Despite Presence of SubsidiaryJanuary 12, 2017
- Client Alert: BIG WIN FOR LOSING GENERICSNovember 25, 2015
- Article: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Eric I. Abraham and Christy L. Saveriano recently published in the New Jersey Lawyer magazineAugust 18, 2015
- Hill Wallack Partners Selected as New Jersey Rising Stars 2009April 15, 2009