The Life Sciences Practice Group at Hill Wallack LLP focuses on the comprehensive representation of established and start-up Life Science companies. Leveraging Hill Wallack’s other practice areas to ensure a comprehensive team, the Life Sciences group provides representation in connection with intellectual property, technology transfer and university spin-outs, venture capital and finance, regulatory and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Hill Wallack LLP represents Life Science companies in the following industries:
- Medical Devices
- Clinical Research
What We Do
Hill Wallack LLP recognizes that companies in the Life Sciences industry face both unique challenges such as complicated regulatory dynamics as well as unique funding opportunities from special incubator, venture capital and public funding sources. They are however, at their core, businesses with the same challenges and needs of every other business venture. Hill Wallack LLP combines our unique connection to the scientific community with an experienced team of commercial and business legal professionals to provide a comprehensive solution to the legal needs of Life Sciences companies.
- Preparation and negotiation of product co-development and joint venture agreements between U.S. and Chinese life science companies.
- Representation of life sciences companies in employment disputes and litigation.
- Preparation and negotiation of funding and financing agreements for venture capital investments in start-up life sciences companies.
- Representation of pharmaceutical companies in breach of contract disputes and litigation with vendors.
- Negotiation of research agreements with universities regarding funding of research by venture capital investors.
- Local counsel to domestic and Asian generic pharmaceutical companies in intellectual property litigation in the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey.
- Negotiation of patent license agreements between start-up life science companies and universities.
- Representation of clinical research organizations (CROs) in partnership agreements concerning clinical safety and pharmacovigilance services.
- Preparation and negotiation of stock purchase, transfer and vesting agreements between shareholders of life science companies.
- Speaking Engagement: Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Christopher H. Asplen to speak at the Doylestown Rotary ClubSeptember 7, 2016
- Speaking Engagement: Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Christopher H. Asplen to speak in Bangkok, ThailandAugust 16, 2016
- Hill Wallack LLP Life Sciences Attorney, Christopher H. Asplen submits amicus curiae brief to the California Supreme Court on the issue of Rapid DNA TechnologyNovember 20, 2015
- Speaking Engagement: HW Attorney Christopher H. Asplen invited by the Netherlands Ministry of Justice to Co-Facilitate Global Initiative to Combat Nuclear Terrorism Mock TrialMarch 2, 2015
- Speaking Engagement: HW Attorney Christopher H. Asplen to speak at Pennsylvania Biotechnology CenterFebruary 3, 2015
- Hill Wallack LLP Life Sciences Attorney Chris Asplen examines the historical perspective of the use of DNA in his commentary published in Forensic MagazineJune 27, 2016
- Hill Wallack Attorney Chris Asplen to be recognized by US Department of StateDecember 21, 2015
- Article: Christopher H. Asplen publishes article in Forensic MagazineOctober 22, 2015
- Article: Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Chris Asplen publishes article on the need to pass legislation in India to leverage the power of DNA technology there.September 25, 2015
- Media Mention: Christopher H. Asplen mentioned in the Philadelphia Business JournalSeptember 4, 2015
- Christopher H. Asplen mentioned in The West Chester University MagazineJuly 24, 2015
- Christopher H. Asplen to Moderate Nuclear Terrorism Mock Trial at the International Peace Palace in The HagueFebruary 25, 2015
- Christopher H. Asplen to Assist in the Fight Against Nuclear TerrorismNovember 21, 2014
- Christopher H. Asplen Elected to Board of Trustees at Delaware Valley CollegeOctober 2, 2014
- Christopher H. Asplen quoted in article on DNA technologySeptember 26, 2014
- Hill Wallack LLP Welcomes Christopher H. Asplen and Starts Life Sciences Practice GroupSeptember 10, 2014
- Christopher H. Asplen interviewed by CNNDecember 5, 2013