The Life Sciences Practice Group at Hill Wallack LLP focuses on the comprehensive representation of established and start-up Life Science companies. Leveraging Hill Wallack’s other practice areas to ensure a comprehensive team, the Life Sciences group provides representation in connection with intellectual property, technology transfer and university spin-outs, venture capital and finance, regulatory and compliance, and mergers and acquisitions.
Hill Wallack LLP represents Life Science companies in the following industries:
- Medical Devices
- Clinical Research
What We Do
Hill Wallack LLP recognizes that companies in the Life Sciences industry face both unique challenges such as complicated regulatory dynamics as well as unique funding opportunities from special incubator, venture capital and public funding sources. They are however, at their core, businesses with the same challenges and needs of every other business venture. Hill Wallack LLP combines our unique connection to the scientific community with an experienced team of commercial and business legal professionals to provide a comprehensive solution to the legal needs of Life Sciences companies.
- Preparation and negotiation of product co-development and joint venture agreements between U.S. and Chinese life science companies.
- Representation of life sciences companies in employment disputes and litigation.
- Preparation and negotiation of funding and financing agreements for venture capital investments in start-up life sciences companies.
- Representation of pharmaceutical companies in breach of contract disputes and litigation with vendors.
- Negotiation of research agreements with universities regarding funding of research by venture capital investors.
- Local counsel to domestic and Asian generic pharmaceutical companies in intellectual property litigation in the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey.
- Negotiation of patent license agreements between start-up life science companies and universities.
- Representation of clinical research organizations (CROs) in partnership agreements concerning clinical safety and pharmacovigilance services.
- Preparation and negotiation of stock purchase, transfer and vesting agreements between shareholders of life science companies.