September 16, 2011
Hill Wallack LLP Adds Municipal, Public Finance Lawyer to Yardley Office
Yardley, PA. – Attorney Vincent J. Magyar, Jr. has joined Hill Wallack LLP as an associate in the Municipal, Public Finance, Business & Commercial, and Employment & Labor Law practice groups. Mr. Magyar, who is licensed to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, will work from the firm’s Yardley, Pa. office and from the firm’s Princeton office as needed.
Mr. Magyar concentrates his practice on municipal, public finance and environmental matters, as well as employment, labor and other corporate issues. He has been instrumental in helping municipalities, school districts, for profit and not-for-profit organizations, and banking clients handle and resolve complex issues.
“With his diverse practice, Vince is a key addition to the firm’s cross-disciplinary team,” said Francis J. Sullivan, Managing Partner of the Yardley, Pa. office. “Here in Bucks County, we have assembled a group of attorneys who can provide a comprehensive suite of services to a wide range of businesses, government and nonprofit entities and individuals.” Mr. Magyar is one of five attorneys to join the firm’s Yardley office in the last 12 months, and the firm has been cited as one of the fastest-growing firms in Bucks County.
“Vince also brings important capabilities to the Princeton office,” stated Paul N. Watter, partner-in-charge of the firm’s Public Finance Practice Group. “I look forward to working with Vince on public finance and related transactions.”
“I am extremely glad to be part of the Hill Wallack LLP team,” said Mr. Magyar. “The firm’s ability to provide solutions to clients across a number of legal disciplines in a cost-effective, responsive manner was an important factor in my decision to come.”
Mr. Magyar’s experience includes the following:
- Acting as solicitor to Pennsylvania municipalities and school districts regarding drafting ordinances and resolutions, code enforcement matters, transactional matters, public bidding requirements, compliance with the Municipalities Planning Code, the Second Class Township Code, the School Code, taxation issues, labor and employment issues
- Functioning as bond counsel to governmental and not-for-profit clients in matters related to the issuance of various taxable and tax-exempt debt and derivative transactions in Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Advising banking clients in connection with underwriting tax-exempt debt issuances, entering derivative swap transactions and execution of letters of credit
- Representing clients in administrative matters and legal proceedings with or before the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation Referees and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
- Representing various public, private and community organizations in connection with natural gas drilling issues in Pennsylvania
- Counseling for various profit and not-for-profit clients in a variety of corporate, employment and commercial matters
Mr. Magyar holds memberships in the Pennsylvania, Bucks County and Philadelphia Bar Associations, as well as in the National Association of Bond Lawyers and the Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers. He is a past Vice Chair person of the Bucks County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division. Mr. Magyar is a member of the Delaware Valley Green Building Council and the current secretary of the Pennsbury Scholarship Foundation.
In addition to his admission to practice in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, Mr. Magyar is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Magyar served as a legal extern in the Special Investigations Unit of the District Attorney’s Office, City of Philadelphia. He earned his law degree from the University of Illinois, College of Law and his B.A. from Bucknell University.
About Hill Wallack LLP
Hill Wallack LLP is a leading law firm in New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania that has built a reputation for problem-solving and aggressive advocacy. The firm has comprehensive commercial capabilities and deep experience in a number of industry sectors, including business & commercial, employment & labor, municipal, public finance and school law . With extensive government experience, Hill Wallack LLP represents businesses and public entities in many areas in which public and private interests intersect. The firm's offices are located in Princeton and Atlantic City, N.J., and Yardley, Pa.
When called upon to tackle tough legal and business challenges, we do more than advise on the law—we create real-world solutions. For more information, please visit www.hillwallack.com