David J. Truelove is a partner in the Yardley, Pa. office of Hill Wallack LLP and a member of the firm’s Employment & Labor Law practice group. Mr. Truelove, who also is licensed to practice in New Jersey, works from the firm's Princeton, N.J. office as needed. His areas of concentration include municipal and school law, labor law, employment matters and complex litigation.
At a time when local government budgets are strained to their limits, Mr. Truelove is a recognized labor lawyer, who has successfully represented municipalities, school districts and other public entities throughout Bucks County, Montgomery County and the surrounding region in a wide variety of high-profile collective bargaining matters, including contract negotiations, grievances, arbitrators and unfair labor practices and organizing matters.
Mr. Truelove is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania (1983), New Jersey (1988), the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1983), the U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey (1983), the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, the Supreme Court of New Jersey, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He attended Temple University School of Law where he earned his J.D. and DePauw University where he earned his B.A. in History and was a Rector Scholar. He has practice experience at the New Jersey and Pennsylvania state levels before various courts, boards, commissions and agencies, and at the federal level, including Pennsylvania and New Jersey Federal Courts, the National Labor Relations Board, and the U.S. Court of Claims.
- Successfully renegotiated several public sector Collective Bargaining Agreements, obtaining significant concessions on behalf of municipal clients, while simultaneously avoiding layoffs, thereby preserving public safety and municipal services
- Is frequently named as a neutral arbitrator and mediator in insurance policy and employment disputes
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers, 2007 - 2014
- Former Assistant Public Defender, Bucks County
- Has served as Solicitor for Lower Makefield Township, Bristol Township School District and Morrisville School District
- Has served or is currently serving as Labor/Employment Solicitor for Bristol Township School District, Morrisville School District, Falls Township, Lower Makefield Township, Upper Southampton Township, Warminster Township, Warrington Township, Jenkintown Borough, Morrisville Borough, North Wales Borough, and Penndel Borough
- Has served as Special Counsel to the Pennsbury School District, the Warminster Municipal Authority, North Wales Borough, and Cumru Township
- Represents the County of Bucks in various labor and employment matters
- Member of the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Bucks County Bar Associations
- Co-Chair of the Bucks County Bar Association’s Legislative Committee, Chair of the BCBA's Lawyers Reaching Lawyers Committee, and Member of the BCBA's Federal Court Committee
- Member of Solicitors' Sections for The Pennsylvania State Association of Townships, The Pennsylvania School Boards Association, and the Pennsylvania Association of Boroughs
Mr. Truelove is active in civic affairs. He has served as a Big Brother in the Pennsbury School District for 13 years, and in 2009, was honored as “Big Brother of the Year” by the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Bucks County. He formerly served on the Lower Makefield Township Bike Pathways Committee and Youth Aid Panel. He was formerly a member of the governing body of a local church, and has been active in Habitat for Humanity. He previously coached baseball at various levels, including American Legion Baseball. Mr. Truelove is currently the President of the Lower Bucks American Legion Baseball League and is an active player in an over-45 league baseball team.
Presentations & Publications:
- Conducted anti-harassment and anti-discrimination training workshops for more than 1,000 employees of a large Pennsylvania suburban school district to assist the school district with educating its staff on such policies as well as proper conduct in the workplace
- Frequently gives presentations to various civil, business and community groups regarding labor, employment, and related matters
- Seminar: HW Sponsors Lower Bucks County Chamber of Commerce Employment SeminarMarch 13, 2013
- Hill Wallack LLP Partners Selected To The 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 23, 2014
- Hill Wallack LLP Partners Selected To The 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ListMay 16, 2013
- Hill Wallack LLP Partner Appointed As Labor Counsel to the Falls Township Board of SupervisorsMarch 26, 2012
- New Trade Secrets Act Requires Review of Employment AgreementsJanuary 13, 2012
- Employee Use of Social Media to Criticize the WorkplaceJanuary 9, 2012
- Attorney General Provides Guidance to Schools for Complying with Anti-Bullying LawOctober 18, 2011