Suzanne M. Marasco is a partner in the Princeton and Red Bank, N.J. offices of Hill Wallack LLP where she is Chair of the Employment & Labor Law practice group. She is also a member of the Litigation Division, Trial & Insurance Defense, Insurance Coverage and Community Associations practice groups, and works part-time out of the firm's Red Bank, N.J. office.
Ms. Marasco is a trial attorney who concentrates her practice in the representation of insurance companies and their insureds in diverse and complex claims and civil litigation. Her practice includes the defense of employers, management, businesses, and individuals for a wide variety of claims stemming from wrongful discharge, discrimination, harassment, breach of contract and violations of both state and federal civil rights and laws.
She is also personal counsel for employers and other clients to whom she provides advice regarding employment, labor and contract related matters. She conducts internal investigations of work place complaints involving high level executives and company wide issues. She defends employers against union or disciplinary grievances, provides training regarding proper workplace conduct and prepares employment manuals, policies as well as severance, separation and employment agreements.
Ms. Marasco is admitted to practice in New Jersey (1989) and before the United States District Court, District of New Jersey (1989) and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (1989). Ms. Marasco clerked with the Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office before entering private practice. She earned her J.D. from Rutgers Law School, Camden and her B.S. from Rutgers College, New Brunswick.Representative Matters
- Employment litigation on behalf of employers
- Litigation involving directors’ and officers’ liability
- Non-profit association liability
- Catastrophic personal injury
- Product and premises liability
- Construction defects and professional liability for design services
- Suits against public entities; defamation and libel; as well as mass tort class action litigation
She routinely appears in state and federal court, as well as before the Division of Civil Rights, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and various intercompany arbitration associations in the representation of her clients.
Presentations & Publications
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers 2013 - 2018. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Vice Chair, Insurance Defense Committee 2018-2019
- Student Mentor
- Chair, Hill Wallack LLP Employment & Labor Law practice group
- Co-Chair, Hill Wallack LLP's Women's Initiative Committee
- Member, New Jersey Defense Association
- Member, Defense Research Institute
- Member, National Retail and Restaurant Defense Association
- Member, Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, Trustee, 2005-2009; Secretary, Treasurer and Vice President, 2006-2009
- Member, Mercer County Bar Association
- Judge Vincent Abbruzzese Mock Trial Program
- Presenter, Preserve Your CCTV or Else?, DRI Retail and Hospitality Litigation and Claims Management Seminar, May 2014
- Co-Presenter, Employment Law – Employers’ Best Practices Seminar, Hill Wallack LLP seminar, May 2012
- Co-Author, Preserve Your CCTV or Else?, DRI's In-House Defense Quarterly magazine
- Contributing Author, The Statute of Limitations: Does It Really Protect Employers?
- Contributing Author, The Automobile Cost Reduction Act
- Author, Redefining Sexual Classification in the Discrimination Sector
Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Suzanne M. Marasco Speaking at DRI Seminar
May 15, 2014
- Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Suzanne M. Marasco Speaking at DRI Seminar
- News Release: Nine Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Selected To the 2019 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsMarch 13, 2019
- News Release: Prominent Law Firm Hill Wallack Expands into Red BankNovember 2, 2018
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Selected To The 2018 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsApril 9, 2018
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Selected To The 2017 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsMarch 14, 2017
- Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Selected To The 2015 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsMarch 13, 2015
- Hill Wallack LLP Attorneys Selected To The 2013 New Jersey Super Lawyers and Rising Stars ListsMarch 15, 2013
- New Jersey Court Emphasizes Need for Precision in Indemnification AgreementsSeptember 10, 2012
- Court Broadly Defines “Housing-Related Disputes” in Requiring Dispute Resolution at CondosJanuary 16, 2012
- Employee Use of Social Media to Criticize the WorkplaceJanuary 9, 2012
- Bill Seeks To Provide Private Remedy for Bad Faith in Insurance Claim SettlementsSeptember 16, 2011
- Hill Wallack Partner Suzanne Marasco successfully defends discrimination suit brought against school district; Supreme Court declines to review suit dismissalMay 2, 2011
- Health Care Act Provides Breastfeeding Moms With New ProtectionsMay 6, 2010