Robert L. Baker, Jr. is a partner in the Princeton, N.J. office of Hill Wallack LLP, where he is a member of the Real Estate, Creditors' Rights/Bankruptcy and Corporate Law practice groups.
Mr. Baker is admitted to practice law in New Jersey (2003) and New York (2004). He earned his J.D. from Villanova University School of Law, where he was the recipient of a Dean’s Merit Scholarship and a member of the National Trial Team. Mr. Baker earned his B.A. in Political Science from Fairfield University, where he was a Dean’s List Scholar, and a member of Pi Sigma Alpha, the National Political Science Honor Society.
Mr. Baker is a New Jersey Certified Foreclosure Mediator, and has served as an instructor for numerous continuing education courses for attorneys and other real estate professionals.Representative Matters
Mr. Baker has handled thousands of transactional matters over the course of his career. His practice generally focuses on the purchase, sale, financing, leasing, and development of all forms of residential and commercial property. He represents businesses, individuals, mortgage investors and servicers, and private equity firms with various real estate and loan portfolio holdings. He also represents business entities in contract negotiations for the purchase and sale of assets and products and provides general representation in business transactions.
Clients rely on Mr. Baker to represent them in matters such as those listed below:
Presentations & Publications
- Mr. Baker represented an aggressively expanding medical practice group in the purchase of their 15,000 square foot flagship location. His representation involved not only the purchase and financing of the property, but also negotiations with the municipality over zoning and planning concerns.
- Mr. Baker has conducted approximately 400 purchase and sale transactions for a New Jersey based private equity firm with a large portfolio of multi-family residential and commercial real estate holdings.
- Mr. Baker represents a national mortgage servicer in the sale of real estate acquired as a result of foreclosure on defaulted mortgages.
- Mr. Baker has represented various retail and professional service businesses in the negotiation of commercial leases, including modifications, extensions, and sub-leasing.
- Mr. Baker has represented several medical practitioners in transactions involving the sale of their practice to a hospital system. Many of those transactions also involved the sale of commercial real estate, as well as the negotiation of employment contracts.
- Presenter, Major Developments in Real Estate: The Impact of Tax Reform, Cryptocurrency, and Cannabis Legalization on Real Estate in New Jersey (February 2018)
- Presenter, Mercer County Top Producers (May 2017)
- Presenter, An Overview of the NJAR Contract (March 2017)
- Presenter, Landlord-Tenant Law: Lease Agreements, Defaults, and Collections (February 2016)
- Presenter, Understanding TRID (July 2015)
- Presenter, Estate Issues in Real Estate Transactions (March 2015)
- Mercer County Bar Association, Chair, Real Estate Section
- Member, American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN)
- News Release: Hill Wallack LLP Welcomes Two Attorneys to Real Estate Practice GroupMay 1, 2017