Jeffrey G. DiAmico is a partner in the Yardley, Pa. office of Hill Wallack LLP where he is a member of the firm’s Business & Commercial, Real Estate, Community Association Law, Commercial Leasing and Trusts & Estates practice groups.
Mr. DiAmico concentrates his practice on the representation of businesses and individuals with respect to business acquisitions and transactions, and commercial and residential real estate purchases, sales, leases and tax assessment appeals. In addition, his practice includes business formation, general business planning and counseling, commercial litigation and community association law.
Mr. DiAmico serves both small and mid-sized local and regional businesses and their owners on various issues; including, drafting and analyzing commercial real estate lease agreements (and litigating disputes which arise from same), corporate asset and stock purchase transactions and shareholder agreements, commercial and residential purchase and sale agreements, and advising clients on general business and litigation matters.
He represents local and regional banks and financial institutions, shopping center owners and various commercial property owners. Through these representations, he frequently assists his clients with understanding and utilizing "Confession of Judgment" provisions contained in loan documents and commercial lease agreements. By virtue of his experience in this area, he also routinely represents borrowers, guarantors and commercial tenants in defending against confessed judgments.
Mr. DiAmico is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania (1999), New Jersey (1999), the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2007), the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2003) and the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey (2000). Graduating cum laude from New England Law | Boston (1999), he was managing editor of The New England International and Comparative Law Annual, a founding member of the NESL Business Law Center and a recipient of the New England Scholar Award. Mr. DiAmico is a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University (1994) receiving his B.S. in Administration of Justice, and a minor in Business Administration.
- Successfully obtained and collected on numerous and substantial judgments for various commercial landlords against their tenants who either failed to make the requisite lease payments or abandoned the leased premises during the tenancy.
- Routinely obtains and collects on confessed judgments for local and regional banks.
- Represents golf courses; car dealerships; industrial, commercial and retail complexes; and commercial and residential property owners in connection with appealing their real estate tax assessments, resulting in significant annual tax reductions.
- Represented an owner of an environmentally contaminated gas station that was able to be sold despite the discovery of contamination. Mr. DiAmico assisted the client in obtaining indemnification from the PA underground storage tank fund, resulting in total clean-up costs of a $5,000 deductible.
- Member, Zoning Hearing Board of Warwick Township, Bucks County, PA (2009-Present)
- Chair/Co-Chair, Business Law Section, Bucks County Bar Association (2009-Present)
- Chair/Co-Chair, Unauthorized Practice of Law, Bucks County Bar Association (2010-Present)
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Stars Edition (2012)
- Member, Board of Directors, Bucks County Bar Association (2008-2012)
- Mentor to Young Lawyers, Bucks County Bar Association (2010-2012)
- Member, Leadership Advancement Program, Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce (2010-2011)
- Chair, Annual Fundraising Event Steering Committee, Bucks County Bar Foundation (2007-2008)
- Chair, Entertainment Committee, Bucks County Bar Association (2007)
- Vice-Chair, Entertainment Committee, Bucks County Bar Association (2006)
- Secretary/Treasurer, Young Lawyers’ Division, Bucks County Bar Association (2006)
Presentations & Publications
- Lecturer, “Collections from Start to Finish - Collecting Unpaid Fees and Assessments for Community Associations”, Pennsylvania and Delaware Valley Chapter - Community Associations Institute
- Lecturer, “Bankruptcy for Business Lawyers – Representing Creditors in Bankruptcy”, Bucks County Bar Association
- Author, "Pennsylvania Realty Transfer Tax Update: Amended Regulations Could Result in a Double Tax on Assignments of Purchase Agreements and Like-Kind Exchanges", Hill Wallack LLP Quarterly
- Author, “Building Owner Landlord May Be Liable For Injuries Sustained in Parking Lot of Leased Premises”, Hill Wallack LLP Article
- Seminar: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Jeffrey G. DiAmico to speak at Legal Roundtable Manager Education SeminarSeptember 25, 2017
- Seminar: HW Attorneys present at the First Annual Bucks County Business Law InstituteMarch 2, 2017
- Webinar: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Jeffrey G. DiAmico Speaking on Live Webinar for CAI-Pa/DelvalSeptember 29, 2016
- Speaking Engagement: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Jeffrey G. DiAmico to speak at NBI Commercial Real Estate SeminarOctober 19, 2015
- Seminar: Does The Pipeline Affect You?October 28, 2014
- Seminar: HW Exhibits at CAI-PA/Delval Mini Trade Show and Educational ForumSeptember 17, 2014
- Conference: Hill Wallack LLP Partner Presenting at the Pennsylvania and Delaware Valley Chapter Community Associations Institute 2014 Conference & ExpoApril 24, 2014
- Expo: HW Exhibiting at PA/Delval Community Associations Institute Annual Conference & ExpoMay 9, 2013
- Real Estate Assessments and Property Tax Appeals: Review Your Assessment NowMarch 3, 2015
- Real Estate Assessments and Property Tax Appeals: Review Your Assessment NowFebruary 18, 2014
- Real Estate Assessments and Property Tax Appeals: The Time To Act Is NowFebruary 12, 2013
- New Jersey Court Emphasizes Need for Precision in Indemnification AgreementsSeptember 10, 2012
- Real Estate Assessments and Property Tax Appeals: The Time to Act is NowFebruary 6, 2012
- Court Broadly Defines “Housing-Related Disputes” in Requiring Dispute Resolution at CondosJanuary 16, 2012
- Beware the Lead Surcharge!October 7, 2011
- Hill Wallack LLP Attorney Named Valedictorian of the 2011 Central Bucks Chamber of Commerce Leadership Advancement Program GraduationJune 17, 2011
- Hill Wallack Partners Selected as Co-Chairs of Business Law Section of Bucks County Bar AssociationJune 4, 2010