Brett M. Buterick is an Associate in the Princeton, NJ office of Hill Wallack LLP, where he is a member of the Creditors’ Rights/Bankruptcy, Complex Litigation, Corporate Law and Venture Capital and Emerging Markets practice groups.
Mr. Buterick concentrates his practice in all matters of creditors’ rights and bankruptcy including, workouts, commercial foreclosures, asset purchases, pendente lite sales, and commercial litigation.
Mr. Buterick earned his J.D. from Rutgers School of Law. He earned his B.S. in Accounting from Rutgers University. Mr. Buterick is admitted to practice law in New Jersey (2015), Pennsylvania (2015), the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Prior to joining Hill Wallack LLP, Mr. Buterick served as a law clerk to the Honorable Paula T. Dow, P.J. CH., N.J. Superior Court, Burlington County Vicinage.Leadership
Presentations & Publications
- Board of Directors, FlexKey, Inc. (January 2016-present)
- Member, American Legal & Financial Network (ALFN)
- Co-author, The Practical and Abstract Implications of ‘In re Linear Electric’, New Jersey Law Journal, March 2018
- Author, Terminable-at-Will Clauses and Executory Contracts in Bankruptcy: An Examination of Third Circuit Treatment and Practitioner Guidance, Rutgers Journal of Law & Public Policy, January 22, 2015
- Hill Wallack attorney Brett M. Buterick authors NJBIZ articleSeptember 18, 2017
- Client Alert: High Court Finds FDCPA Does Not Apply to Individuals and Entities Collecting a Debt on Their Own AccountJune 14, 2017
- Article: NYDFS Cybersecurity Regulations Force Broad Range of Companies Nationwide to Tighten Their Cybersecurity StandardsMarch 2, 2017
- Client Alert: TIME TO TIGHTEN YOUR CYBERSECURITY BELTSMarch 2, 2017