Vito Colasurdo, Jr. is Counsel in the Red Bank, New Jersey office of Hill Wallack LLP, where he is a member of the firm’s Family Law practice group.
Mr. Colasurdo is a seasoned family lawyer who successfully represented clients in all aspects of family law, including post-judgment and pre-judgment divorce matters, custody, alimony, business valuations, child support, equitable distribution, enforceability of prenuptial agreements, and domestic violence issues. Mr. Colasurdo has experience in litigating matrimonial matters through completion of trial but frequently pursues alternative dispute forums such as mediation and arbitration. Mr. Colasurdo handles matters across the state of New Jersey, appearing regularly in counties such as Essex, Union, Morris, Hudson, Bergen, Somerset, Hunterdon, Ocean, Middlesex, and Monmouth. Mr. Colasurdo has lectured on various family law issues including child support, conflicts of issue, and litigating a matter from inception through trial and/or settlement. He serves as an Early Settlement Panelist in Union and Essex County.
Mr. Colasurdo has dedicated his practice exclusively to the area of family law since his graduation from law school. Mr. Colasurdo was admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey in 2012. Mr. Colasurdo earned his juris doctor from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2011. After law school, Mr. Colasurdo clerked in the Family Division of Essex County for the Honorable Michael R. Casale, J.S.C. (ret.), whose docket was comprised of matrimonial, domestic violence, and non-dissolution matters. Prior to joining Hill Wallack, Mr. Colasurdo spent seven years employed at a boutique family law firm in Summit, New Jersey handling complex matrimonial matters.Leadership
Presentations & Publications
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Essex County Bar Association
- Early Settlement Panelist, Union County
- Early Settlement Panelist, Essex County
- Member, Barry Croland Family Law Inns of Court (2012-2019)
- Co-Chair of the Young Lawyers Subcommittee (“YLS”) of the New Jersey State Bar Family Law Executive Committee (“FLEC”) (2020-2021 Term)
- Co-Chair of Education and Technology Committee, Young Lawyer Subcommittee ("YLS") of the Family Law Executive Committee ("FLEC") (2019-2020 Term)
- Selected to New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars List 2019 - 2020 in Family Law. The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found here. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Presenter, Hot Tips Seminar (2019)
- Presenter, Breakfast Seminar: Taking a Case from Inception to Settlement (2019)